We all know about the ever-growing popularity of online shopping. As the owner or manager of an online business, this should be great news! But, the rise of e-commerce has only made e-commerce logistics more and more complicated. Here at Blue Ridge Logistics, we are dedicated to helping online businesses navigate this process and create an efficient plan with effective services to help your company keep up with demand.
Our 3PL Services for E-Commerce Businesses
For your online business, you need to partner with a third-party logistics provider that will be with you every step of the way. That’s why Blue Ridge Logisitcs is a true full-service 3PL company. We offer a wide-range of services so that you can cut the complexity of supply chains out and focus on running your business.
- Warehousing and distribution with full-truckload shipping and less-than-truckload shipping.
- Flexibility to change inventory size as you need it.
- Warehouse inventory management with the latest tech and all of the data you need.
- Fulfillment logistics that allows for branded packaging.
- Efficient last-mile-delivery with easy-to-use proof of delivery.
When running an online retailer business you have to reduce cost for your customers. Your competition is offering free shipping and options for expedited shipping and even overnight shipping. You have to put together an effective logistics plan so that you can keep up with these offerings and avoid losing customers over something as simple as the price or speed of shipping. Trust Blue Ridge Logistics to handle your third-party logistics so that you can compete and help your business grow.
E-Commerce Supply Chain
As an e-commerce owner or manager, you understand how complex the supply chain is and how much more complex it becomes with time. In order to create an efficient and simple transaction process for the consumer, more and more moving parts and middle men have to be added, especially for larger e-commerce companies. That has led to these 4 parts of the e-commerce supply chain:
- Suppliers: These are the people that manufacture the product that you’re selling and ship them to either fulfillment centers or distribution hubs.
- Fulfillment Centers: This is where we come in. For e-commerce, there will be people buying your products all across the map. That means you need different order fulfillment centers in different areas throughout the United States or even internationally. This allows you to split your inventory to be stored in different locations and make shipping cheaper and quicker for your customers. Luckily, we have locations in both Des Moines, Iowa and in Lynchburg, Virginia. This means we can help you reach customers across a large area of the United States.
- Distribution Hubs: These are similar to fulfillment centers, which is why the distinction between the two is often unnoticed. They both act as a warehouse for your products, but distribution centers don’t directly ship to customers. This instead acts as a transit point for products. The use of distribution hubs and fulfillment centers can vary from business to business depending on your needs. A friendly Blue Ridge representative is ready to help you decide what is best to help your company.
- Sorting Facilities: Some businesses will use a separate facility to sort their products, especially for bulk shipments. Others use third-party logistics companies like Blue Ridge that can handle warehousing and sorting.
- Carriers: It all comes down to last-mile delivery. In an age where free and fast delivery is king to the e-commerce world, this is incredibly important. Here at Blue Ridge Logistics, we handle last-mile delivery to save you time and money.
This can seem incredibly complex. Customers expect efficient shipping, and your job as an e-commerce owner or manager is to determine the best way to achieve this as possible. However, by going with Blue Ridge Logistics, you truly will have no worries as we are a true full-service third-party logistics provider.
Choose Blue Ridge Logistics for Your E-Commerce Logistics
Looking for a third-party logistics company that is built to handle your e-commerce logistics? Go with Blue Ridge Logistics for efficient logistics solutions. We handle everything from warehousing to inventory management to fulfillment and even last-mile delivery. The best part? We do it all with top-quality customer care to truly make the process totally satisfying for your customer.
Have questions? Want to learn more about how our third-party logistics operations can help your e-commerce business? You can reach out to a Blue Ridge Logistics representative who will be happy to help you by calling (434) 847-1152 or by filling out our 3PL Contact Form.